Monday, March 8, 2010

Chris Nolan's Presentation

Chris Nolan’s presentation was very interesting. There was a lot of material that I already knew, but there were also plenty of subjects I didn’t. It is obvious that Google has to continue updating and changing how it is formatted in order to keep its users happy. I also knew that Google ranked the pages based on the number of hits, the number of times people link to a webpage and the number of key words present in an article. It was fairly obvious that it linked common ideas when a search was done and that popular websites show up more often than academic ones. I was surprised to find out that country codes are used to limit where the web pages are from. I didn’t know that you can click ‘control- F’ to search a word on a webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment